The High Court in Blantyre on Wednesday adjourned the murder trial of Dr. Victoria Bobe until Thursday afternoon to allow the court to secure a transcriber for a video presented as part of the State’s evidence.
The adjournment came after State witness, Christopher Pangeti, a police investigator, concluded his testimony by playing a crime reconstruction video recorded at the Bobe family home in Chigumula, Blantyre.
The video shows some of the accused persons allegedly reconstructing the events surrounding the fatal attack at the house.
Justice Ruth Chinangwa said the court needed a transcriber to prepare a written transcript of the video before proceedings could continue, adding that both the prosecution and the defence agreed on the need for one.
Earlier in the day, the court temporarily moved to a theatre room to view the crime reconstruction video after the State applied for it to be played before the court.
The prosecution also asked the court to conduct a visit to the Bobe family residence to inspect physical evidence, including a bullet hole in a door and an opening allegedly made through the perimeter fence by the attackers.
However, Justice Chinangwa ruled that a visit to the house was unnecessary at this stage, saying the video provided sufficient evidence for the court’s consideration.
During his testimony, Pangeti also told the court that two of the accused, Charles Chikapa and Maxwell Elia, had previously been convicted in a separate case involving the robbery of two filling stations in Zomba and are currently serving 14-year prison sentences.
Dr. Victoria Bobe was shot dead by armed assailants at her home in Chigumula, Blantyre in November 2025, in an attack that shocked the nation.
Seven suspects were later arrested in connection with the killing and are currently standing trial before the High Court, where they face murder, bulgrary and theft charges.

