The defense in the ongoing murder trial of Victoria Bobe has challenged the authenticity and completeness of a video presented by the prosecution, with investigating police officer Christopher Pangeti admitting that the footage submitted in court is not the original unedited recording.
During cross-examination, defense lawyer Michael Goba Chipeta questioned Pangeti about how the video evidence was recorded and handled before being presented in court.
Asked whether the footage tendered in court was the original digital file recorded by police, Pangeti said it was not, but maintained that it accurately reflects the contents of the original recording.
When pressed on whether the video was the raw, unedited version captured by police, Pangeti again answered “no,” saying there was an explanation for the differences.
Chipeta further asked whether it was possible that the video presented in court had been edited.
Pangeti conceded that such a possibility existed but insisted there was an explanation.
The defense also questioned why the video did not show the suspects voluntarily consenting to participate in the filmed reconstruction of the alleged crime.
Pangeti acknowledged that the recording does not capture that process but said there was an explanation.
In a separate line of questioning, Chipeta asked whether police had rehearsed the reconstruction with the suspects before filming. Pangeti denied that any special rehearsals had taken place.
The lawyer also asked whether Pangeti was aware that journalists and media houses were present while police recorded the reconstruction.
Pangeti said he did not personally see any media personnel and had only been informed about their presence.
Chipeta further referred to footage published by a local private media house, Zodiak Online, on December 17, 2025, showing the suspects demonstrating to police how the alleged murder was committed.
Pangeti said he was only informed about the broadcast but acknowledged that the footage had been made public, adding that police were focused on gathering evidence during the investigation.
The defense has since asked the court to view another video recorded by the local private media house.
The trial continues before the court.

